Phil has a track record of listening to and understanding communities and stakeholders and providing direction and guidance that brings results:
- Advising the GLA on the role of the VCSE sector in Social Prescribing as part of the Mayor’s Health Inequalities Strategy – June 2018
- Author of the Healthy Weight Plan for the London Borough of Newham, April 2018
- Lead author of the Food Poverty Action Plan for Tower Hamlets, November 2017
- Co-writing the recommendations underpinning the implementation of the Morgan Stanley ‘Healthy Cities London’ programme launched in February 2015 – http://www.morganstanley.com/healthycities/london....
Phil has a strong background in scaling high impact, sustainable strategies and programmes in local communities including:
- Led the process to win a £1.65m award for ‘Building Powerful Scottish Communities’ to become part of the 2014 Commonwealth Games health legacy, delivering a 4-year intervention ending in March 2017
- The community sport element of the National School Sport Strategy, including ‘Sportivate’, for the Department of Culture, Media and Sport and the Department for Education
- The National Mini Tennis Programme, for the Lawn Tennis Association (now the way children are introduced to the sport globally)
Phil is a member of the Mayor of London’s Child Obesity Taskforce, and currently sits on the Public Health England National Child Measurement Programme Board, and the Guys and St Thomas Charity Childhood Obesity Oversight Committee.