Active School Planner
Developed and hosted by the Youth Sport Trust with funding from the Department of Health
- Translates research evidence and government policy into an easy-to-use tool for teachers
- Designed for primary school use, but can be utilised by secondary schools
- Creates striking visual ‘heatmaps’ of children’s activity levels across the school week and suggests action plans for improvements based on user input
- For instance, the heatmap may show that ‘travel to school’ is a time slot with a low level of activity for most children, in which case the tool will suggest actions such as facilitating travel to school by bike, introducing a ‘walking bus’, etc.
- Provides the flexibility for schools to use it in as much detail as they like – at whole school level, or focused on a specific cohort
- In some schools the Head, or an administrator, is the only user; in others, all teachers have an account and are tasked with creating a heatmap for their own class.
- Heatmaps and action plans can be shared with parents and other stakeholders to show the school’s commitment and steps they are taking
- Helps to kickstart an increase in daily activity and reduction in sitting time at the school’s own pace
- Integrated into the School Games Mark award and can be used as evidence for Primary School PE and Sport Premium spending.
- Now used by over 9000 primary schools in the UK
Find out more at www.activeschoolplanner.org
Show me all products