Certikin takes its ground-breaking OC-1 to the Elevate Show
Posted on: April 01, 2018 by Certikin
Certikin International, the UK’s largest manufacturer and supplier of wet leisure equipment, will be showcasing its ground-breaking filtration media OC-1 on its stand at the Elevate Show. Held from 9th May to 10th May 2018 at London’s ExCeL, Elevate demonstrates advances in the Wellness, Health and Fitness industry.
Since Certikin announced its worldwide exclusive distributorship of the trailblazing OC-1 two years ago, the filter media has acquired a growing fan base and is now being used and tested in over 40 countries worldwide where it is fast becoming the filtration media of choice. As the pool market moves increasingly towards energy efficient ‘green’ products, OC-1 fits perfectly into this trend.
The British manufactured OC-1 filter media is tearing up the textbook on traditional methods of entrapment filtration. OC-1 works through settlement and cleverly harnesses advances in pump technology and variable speed pumps/controllers to make massive energy savings.
By replacing commonly used media (such as sand and glass) with OC-1 it is possible to reduce the head loss in the filtration system; filter with a constant flow (regardless of debris entrapment) and significantly reduce running energy costs whilst still filtering to the equivalent standard as it can be used with a smaller pump or a variable speed pump or controller. OC-1 filtration media is suitable for use on all pools and spas, be they domestic, commercial or hydrotherapy.
Certikin’s Commercial Manager, Steve Nelson says: “OC-1 is a total change in mind set and we are looking forward to spreading the word and demonstrating OC-1’s outstanding attributes to the Elevate audience. Since the launch of OC-1, we have had superb feedback and have new installations and the upgrading of existing sand filters every week. The advantages for the installers are beginning to be fully appreciated.”
What makes OC-1 the clear choice
- Reduces energy consumption – OC-1 maintains constant flow rates, even when the media becomes dirty. No downtime is required for heating/salt chlorinators/heat pumps going out on low flow. The constant flow means pumps can be run at lower speeds, thus saving energy.
- Huge capacity for debris collection – OC-1 offers over 20 times the capacity of sand or glass.
- Reduced requirement for backwashing and a more efficient backwash - Reduces water consumption, chemical usage and heating.
- Lightweight - can even be shipped inside a filter, easy to handle and super quick and easy to install.
- Less maintenance - lasts longer than sand, reduces pressure in the system, extending the life of equipment.
- Filters to international swimming pool standards.
- Suitable for ALL installations - domestic or commercial, outdoor or indoor, new installations or existing filters.
- Recyclable at end of product life.
- Payback is typically 6-12 months.
To find out more about the benefits of OC-1 visit Certikin on stand C11 at Elevate